This post is to recap the meeting portion of the LBJ Swimming & Diving Team Kick Off Party held Sun, Sept 10.
Announcements in this post
- Swim Team Info (Team Requirements, Lettering, Swimming for a Grade)
- Volunteers Needed
- Fair Share and Team Gear Orders are due THURS, Sept 13. Download the Gear Order Form.
- Fundraising (including Sign up for Concession Sales Fundraiser)
We had a great turn out to the team Kick Off party last night. Below is a recap of the meeting and action items. If you didn’t make the party, no worries! You still have the opportunity to get your gear order in and pay the fair share.
Swim Team Info (Coach Cardinale)
- Coach Cardinale talked about the requirements for being on the team. Main thing is all swimmers must attend a minimum of 3 practices per week and attend all meets
- Swim practice schedule is still being worked on. We are shooting for 4 days a week. Stay tuned for more info!
- Practices starts on Monday, Sept 17. Practice starts at 6:00am sharp. Be on deck no later than 5:50am.
- Please make sure you read the Team Info/Policies and the Varsity Letter/Swimming for PE Credit documents.
Volunteers Needed (Elizabeth Barnes)
- Although Coach Cardinale works tirelessly for the swim team, without the parent volunteers, we wouldn’t be able to have a swim team.
- Parent volunteering their time and monetary donations are essential.
- With AISD budget cuts, all AISD swim team booster clubs are required to pay for team transportation to Regionals and transportation, lodging, and some meals to other out of town meets. We must provide timer and runner volunteers for the AISD Invitational Meet as well as provide many type of volunteers for the LBJ/McCallum/Austin High Tri Meet.
- I am still searching for two (2) volunteers for Fundraising Coordinator and two (2) additional volunteers for the Banquet Committee.
- The Fundraising Coordinator just needs to keep track of the fundraising efforts, solicit volunteers for each fundraiser, and make sure we are on track to complete our goal. Most of the leg work has been done for fundraising.
- The Banquet Committee plans and executes the end of year team banquet. You will have 4 additional volunteers and thus have plenty of help to successfully coordinate this effort.
- I am also including the 2012-2013 Project Budget so you can see where your fair share money goes towards.
Fair Share (Swim Team Booster Club Dues) and Gear Order (Elizabeth Barnes and Karen Syzdek)
- The fair share (swim team booster club dues) is $150 per swimmer this year.
- We need everyone pay the fair share by Thursday, Sept 13th. If you would like to work out a payment plan or need financial assistance, please contact me. We want every swimmer to participate, regardless of financial need.
- Each swimmer will receive a team latex cap, a parka, and a bag. The latex cap is yours to keep and required for all meets (unless you purchase a silicone cap). The parka and bag are loaners and must be returned at the end of the season.
- Team suits are required this year for meets.
- Team polos are also required this year.
- These items, plus the optional silicone cap and optional warm-up suit can be ordered using the Team Gear order form.
- If this is your first year on the team, you will receive a yard sign. This is included in your fair share fee. If you need a new yard sign, then the fee is $15
- All gear orders are due THURSDAY, Sept 13th. This is to ensure we get the suits and polos ordered and received by the first swim meet.
- Please download the Gear Order Form and use it to submit orders/payments.
Fundraising (Elizabeth Barnes)
- There are 4 different fundraisers this year. We need everyone’s help.
- Concession Sales at LBJ Football games
- We are selling concessions at 2 different LBJ Football games. Please use the link below to sign up to work one of these games. We need parents and swimmers! The work is simple and the night goes by quickly and is quite fun!
- Oct 12 Game – www.SignUpGenius.com/go/
- Nov 2 Game – www.SignUpGenius.com/go/
- Innisbrook online sales. Please read the Innisbrook Fundraising Info document to find out how you can help.
- T-Shirt Sales – Swimmers will be selling “Bro” Tank shirts Sept 24-Oct 1. This is pending approval of our application for an LBJ Booster Club Fundraiser.
- Blazer Tag – Swimmers will sell tickets to Blazer Tag (Laser Tag) dedicated games which will be held on Sunday, Nov 11 from 5-7pm. This is also pending approval of our application for an LBJ Booster Club Fundraiser
Carpooling (Elizabeth Barnes)
- A number of parents wanted to share their address/area of town they live in so they could coordinate carpools to swim practice.
- I will submit the list in a private area and parents can contact each other to coordinate